Monday, June 4, 2012

How Glossy Is Your Box, Part II: May Glossybox Reveal

My Glossybox arrived!! Happy early birthday to me!! In case you missed the post announcing the launch of Glossybox, this is a subscription sampling program. For $21 a month (or less if you sign up for several months at a time) Glossybox will send you five deluxe mini, travel, and/or full-sized products. There may be other surprises tossed in, too, but not necessarily. I signed up for what turned out to be the second US Glossybox (they've been around in the UK and elsewhere, but just turned up here). I thought I was getting the first, but the first boxes were actually raffled off before the official launch. Those were the boxes with the Kryolan and C.O. Bigelow. Instead, I got what I believe to be a better box. Let me take you on a little tour:

Here's the Glossybox, directly out of the mailing package. It's a pretty shade of pale pink, and sturdy enough to repurpose as a photo box, hair accessory holder, etc. It's about the size and weight of a good shoebox.

When you lift the lid, you're greeted by a sweetly wrapped package, topped off with a bow and a neat little list of everything enclosed.

Taking off the ribbon (*cue stripper music*) and checking out the pretty packaging a little more.

And here's what I found...

Minus the shredded paper. Clockwise, from top: Marvis Whitening Mint Toothpaste (full-sized), Phyto Phytojoba Intense Hydrating Mask for Dry HairBurberry Lip Mist Natural Sheer Lipstick Copper No.202, Amorepacific Moisture Bound Refreshing Hydra-Gel, Zoya Beach and Surf Collection Nail Polish in Wednesday (medium faded turquoise cream, full-sized), and a Glossybox brand blush brush.

Not bad! I'll definitely be signing up for the next box. This was outstanding. Out of five products, two were full-sized, and the other three were generously portioned travel sizes in beautiful packaging. The Burberry sample even came in the exact same packaging as the full-sized, right down to the Burberry plaid embossing on the lipstick itself! The blush brush isn't the greatest quality, but considering it was an added bonus, it was a very sweet gesture on behalf of Glossybox. I have been most impressed.

Now, I've only gotten to try two of the products: the toothpaste and the nail polish. The first time I used the toothpaste, I hated it. However, it's grown on me with each use. The mint flavor is very natural and refreshing. I don't think I'll trade in my Optic White for it, though, since there hasn't been a discernable change in the cleanliness of my teeth.

The nail polish is stunning. It's the perfect non-traditional color for Summer. I don't know about you, but I'm a little sick of hot pink toes. Orange has been a welcome change, but this sea green has stolen my heart. I can't tell you how many compliments I've gotten on it, either. It's absolutely lovely, and not terribly expensive. The MSRP is $8, and I highly recommend foregoing a couple of lattes to snag a bottle.

Fuzzy, but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your own ramblings, musings, or existential ponderings here--just keep it clean and keep it kind.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...